Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When I went through outplacement services offered by the company that downsized me three years ago, I took a test that was designed to find a person's interests. Interestingly, it kept coming up with things like "interior designer" and other jobs that require creativity. So what changed? I was totally hooked on computer programming before I graduated high school (never mind what year) and that was a career that paid decent so it was an easy decision as I entered college. The truth is, I didn't change me, God did. He took away the passion I had for doing systems analysis and programming and replaced it with a passion for raising my children. Now instead of trying to keep up with technology, I am seeking to do His will which does not seem to require much technology. Although I did spend time last night creating a powerpoint slideshow that I hope will help with some geometry memorization. A few years ago, I never would have guessed I would be using my skills for homeschooling.

No comments: