Thursday, February 21, 2008

The sky is falling....

I have been watching the news recently about the planned attempt to shoot a dead satellite out of the sky before it can crash to the earth. I'm thinking... this seems like a little problem. I guess the good news is that they know that this thing is going to fall. The bad news is that it is a long shot that the Navy will be able to shoot it down. Heat seeking missiles might have a hard time finding a cold hunk of metal. So they are planning to try to do it during the day in hopes that the sun will warm the satellite just enough for the missile to find it. The satellite is as big as a school bus.

Have I ever mentioned that Chicken Little was my favorite book when I was little.... the original one, not the movie? :)

Have a nice day.

No comments: