Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How about those Hoosiers? :) Very important win. Purdue has been very impressive this year. Perhaps under Matt Painter their chances of doing well during March Madness are much better than they've had.
Unfortunately, I was busy working on my Bible Study lesson for tomorrow morning and completely forgot about the game.
As for coach Sampson's future... my prediction is that Friday will be his last day as coach and he and his assistant will be fired. According to his contract, they only have to pay him through the end of the month in which he is fired, so Friday makes perfect sense. If that happens, perhaps Dan Dakich will take over as coach for the rest of the season? There are some who say Greenspan (Athletic Director) should be fired too. I don't know enough about what he knew when he hired Sampson to have an opinion about that.

I am on a roll this week - ha. I missed the Daytona 500 on Sunday too. Can you believe that? I had plans with a friend that I haven't seen since November so that was more important.
It was nice that a driver (Ryan Newman) from Indiana won, but it would have been nicer if it was the one from Columbus (Tony Stewart). ;) I saw the after-race interviews and felt sorry for Tony... he looked like he was almost going to cry. I can imagine he was very disappointed. I am looking forward to seeing Dale Jr. win this year with his new team. It could be a fun year with Dario Franchitti now in Nascar. I'm not sure if I spelled that right but don't feel like looking it up.

Sean's cold wasn't too bad today. His voice sounds a little like Kermit. He was still coughing in the morning and before bed but so far I haven't needed to get out the Vicks.

We are supposed to get some snow tonight. I will believe that when I see it! :)

No comments: