Monday, July 30, 2012

Facebook can be good for something

 

While I can find plenty to complain about regarding Facebook, it does have some good features.   Someone from our town created a group for garage sale items.  I have found a few things via this avenue such as a couple of Nintendo DS games, very nice ice skates to replace Callie’s and most recently, this bicycle for Sierra.  She had outgrown her other one.  

 

004

I do not have much patience to deal with people who do not show up at meeting spots to buy items so I have not sold much.  I do have someone supposedly wanting to purchase the changing table/dresser that we moved out of Sierra’s room but she could not get it until Friday (probably waiting for payday).  So, we’ll see.  Today I sold four of Sierra’s gymnastics leotards that she’d outgrown.    I put some clothes on there but ended up taking them off. 

I have found putting ads in the local paper to be much easier and more successful.  I sold a huge lot of Lincoln Logs (over 1200 pieces) and a toddler picnic table a couple weeks ago.  The picnic table was gone by 8:30 the first day.  We also sold a small toddler size dresser a few months ago.    I think we’ll stick to the classifieds for larger items and save the smaller things for a garage sale. 

No comments: