Thursday, November 22, 2012

Eggless Desserts on Thanksgiving

I thought of my grandmother often today as I cooked Thanksgiving for us and my brother and niece.   I have very few memories of her that are not in the kitchen.  I think she was one of the best cooks.  She also frequently would make our favorite desserts.  She made a really good apple crumble for me.   I still miss her.   It does not seem possible she has been gone over 18 years. 

 

I made some new desserts so that my kids could have egg-free corn-free sweets.  I have learned that it is impossible to buy pie crust that does not contain corn syrup or other corny ingredients.  It is frustrating how much corn is used in prepackaged foods.

Eggless Pumpkin Pie

003

Apple pie.

005

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – Eggless

006

No comments: