Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break - Day 1

Okay, today is day 1 (if you do not count the weekend) of our spring break.   There is so much to do that I do not know where to start so I plopped down at the computer to do a blog post.  Not very productive but maybe if I list what needs to be done, it will motivate me to check them off.  

So many things to choose from.  

Spring cleaning seems like a good idea but it’s hard to think of doing that before spring officially arrives.  I think I will at least clean a few more windows… you know, so I can see through them.   I’ve got a couple of kids who think cleaning windows is fun so I will probably “let” them do the ones they can reach to get the top layer of grime and handprints off of them. 

Also a bit premature it seems, is that we’ve had to bring out the off-season clothes from the attic so we can have something comfortable to wear with these record-breaking temperatures.   I need to spend time partly switching out clothes.  I have a feeling the temps will not return to below freezing but just in case, we need to be able to dress for it. 

And then there’s the case of the missing printer and speaker power cords for the computer.  They were misplaced when we packed everything during the house flood.  I am hoping as I continue to organize things that were thrown into containers and boxes, that I will somehow run across them.  It escapes me how these did not get packed with the other computer desk items.   

In addition, I need to find a better place for our birds and located their nest box before they start laying eggs on the bottom of the cage.  They seem to be inspired by this weather also and are showing signs of the egg laying behavior from last year.  We never had any fertilized eggs so I don’t expect any this time but you never know. 

The kitchen counters were a nice brown pattern of some sort, I think.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen much of them so I know I need to spend a few hours in the kitchen.  One of the bread machines needs to have a different storage location. 

I want to have a garage sale in the next month or two (next week would be even better) so doing a mass de-cluttering seems appropriate as well. 

Then there’s the homeschool book sale in May that I might participate in.  So, sorting through books and materials should be on my list. 

And the list goes on and on. 

No comments: