Monday, April 19, 2010

Washington, D.C. or bust

We are discussing taking a trip to Washington, D.C. and possibly visiting a beach on the coast while we are in that area.  The kids are pretty excited.  The number one request from the younger two is to get a TV for the van.  What they mean is a DVD player.  They have both ridden in “video vans” (as Sean called them) while on fieldtrips with preschool and think that is a necessity.  I remember Sean kept asking if we could get a video van after his fieldtrip a couple of years ago.  I have resisted this up until now because I prefer the kids learn how to entertain themselves with books or drawing/coloring or just playing educational games with their video games.  They do a good job of this but they’ve never had to entertain themselves for more than 3 or 4 hours.    There was one in the sale ad for a very good price so we will probably break down and do that.  We also make several trips up north for appointments so this could be a sanity saver for me. 

Here’s a picture I took last week of one of my tall tulips.  I love the markings.  I’m sure it took a long time for these flowers to evolve to such beauty (sarcasm).  Thank GOD for his creation. 

060

No comments: