Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Romeo, Romeo…

When you have a teen that wants to study a Shakespeare play, you better run with it before the phase passes.  This is especially the case when said teen is most productive when she is interested in something and pretty much not productive at all if she could care less about the subject. 

This is not typical disinterest but instead has the added complexity due to autism which makes it practically impossible to concentrate on certain subjects if they are not on her radar.  With Autism Spectrum Disorder, the disinterest is something like ten times the normal level of apathy that one might normally expect. 

Do I really want to try to teach Shakespeare?  Not so much.  So, I ordered a study guide for Romeo and Juliet from Progeny Press.  Progeny Press produces study guides from a Christian perspective.  I will go through it and then we will begin studying Romeo and Juliet.  It looks almost like fun.  I do not recall using fun and Shakespeare in the same sentence when I was in high school, so this might prove to be interesting. 

1 comment:

Josh, Amy, Olivia, Josiah, Girum, Tarikwa, and Taye said...

Sherry,

SO good to see you today at the book sale. Call me if you need backup -- I LOVE Shakespeare. You are wonderful. I love your blog, and I love your kids.

Amy