Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ice Show Preparation

Callie had ice show rehearsal today. We also had to pick up her costume. Her costume has me wondering where my refund is for the missing material. We were warned this weekend that she would need a strapless bra for her costume. That was our first clue. Shhh, don't say "Bra!" That must be one of the most embarrassing words for an early teen to say or hear out loud.

We also knew we needed to buy tights which means no pants. Her costumes have never had pants. Few of them do so this was no surprise. This year she will not even have boot covers.
Ice skating tights are heavy duty. $16.00 worth of heavy tights. In the days when I wore hose to work, if I would have worn $16.00 pair of tights instead, I might have only needed one pair for my entire career.

Her costume is a "dress" and a scrunchie for her hair. That's it. I was carrying it across my arm and kept checking to make sure it was still there. It is so light that it would have been easy for it to slip away unbeknownst to me. The good news is that it does have a neck strap to keep it on. That will be helpful. This just happens to be the skimpiest costume she's worn. She's usually had at least some wings or some gloves or a hat or some additional accessory, not to mention sleeves. Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seemed on the hanger. I'll try to have a more positive outlook. I'll post pics when I have some.

No comments: