Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm a Little Slow (Okay, A Lot)

It finally occurred to me today why there is a major tree trimming project going on along the major highway that we travel into town regularly.  It's more than tree trimming, they are cutting them down completely.  A lot of them. I hadn't thought much about it other than - "I wonder why they are cutting those down...." until Sean asked me what those men were doing at Wendy's.  I looked to see and explained that they had cut all those trees down and were now raking the tiny limbs.

That is when the light bulb went off.  My ah-ha moment.  All of those trees, the ones by Kroger, the ones by homes, and many more are coming down to make room for the major widening of the road. 

I am not looking forward to this major pain in the neck road construction project.  However, I know, because we drive it often, that it is much needed.  I think I read that they will start on the other end of town so we will still have some time before we deal with the traffic issues. 

Speaking of cutting down trees, Jeff spent this afternoon working on one in our backyard.   It is in a bad spot and last year a limb out of it did some damage to our gutter and roof during a storm so it's time for it to go.  He has most of the limbs off of it and I was noticing how much lighter it is in that direction and how much more of the interstate we can see.  Things should improve once the tree near it gets some leaves. 

No comments: