Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hi there. I thought I'd try something different and blog by journaling rather than just with pictures. This has been a hectic couple of weeks. Inventory at Jeff's work has pretty much consumed his time. As if doing it once every few months isn't enough, this time they are doing it two weekends in a row! Woo hoo! Last week, Jeff worked 75 hours in 6 days. I think about 27 of those hours were in the last two days. But inventory did not go well, thanks to a recent computer system change that messed up the way things worked. Those programmers! Can't trust them! (for those who don't know - my past career was as an analyst/programmer so I would normally be more sympathetic - ha).

Last week, Sierra "called" daddy on her "cell phone" and asked him to come over a few times. This week she is focused on trying to outbehave (is that a word?) her brother. As Sean has been in trouble, on probation, etc., she keeps reminding me that she is "obeying" me. She said today, "I'm not saying bad words. I'm not saying poop. I'm not saying boogers. I'm not saying pee". Hmm, I wonder where she got all that vocabulary? Could it be from her big brother?? What is it that makes those words so funny anyway?

Callie started band last week. She plays the flute. This is her second year on flute but her first year with the homeschool band. She really likes it. Her crisis of the week is her injured guinea pig. It seems gp's are not as agile as cats and they do not land on all fours when they fall. Anyway, we are hoping for a full recovery but in the meantime, Charlie is recuperating slowly.


In case you can't tell from the picture, Charlie is just a little bit spoiled.

Sean is challenged in the behavior department lately but he very much wants to have some Moon Sand. So, we cut a deal today. Good behavior for 7 days straight and he can have Moon Sand. At the rate he's been going, maybe by Easter he can accomplish that. He's not a bad kid, he just doesn't always deal well with change. In the past few weeks, we've had several changes - he has started preschool, Bible Study and we've been doing some homeschooling. He would do homeschooling all day I think. He loves to work on math. He is learning to recognize and write numbers in the hundreds. We've discovered a couple of new reading-oriented shows on PBS and he loves to go online and play the games. His favorite site I think is pbskids.org. He prints out coloring pages, plays the game, etc.

Well, since I had a tough time dragging out of bed this morning, I better quit and get some rest.


No comments: