Saturday, September 08, 2012

Making pink frosting

Sierra had her first girl birthday party today.  I will post more on that later, but first, I want to mention how easy it was to make pink frosting. 

I used my own buttercream frosting recipe and also made beet juice to tint the frosting pink. 

These instructions for beet juice were pretty easy:  http://www.livestrong.com/article/511152-how-to-dye-frosting-using-beets/

I put the leftover beet juice in a freezer zip-close bag and am freezing it for later use. 

The only downside is that I doubt Sean will want pink cupcakes for his birthday next month. 

20120924Boiling beets in a cup of water.

 

 

 

20120946

The finished cupcakes. 

 

We had white and chocolate cupcakes.     The most surprising question from one of the girls, a best friend of Sierra’s since preschool, was “Where do I put my frosting?”   What????   I’m used to kids who eat the frosting and leave the cake.  

Fortunately, I had some that I did not have time to decorate so I traded her for a plain one.  Another girl who was here a little longer than the others got a second cupcake and wanted it without frosting also. 

No comments: