Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a what?

2008 Zoo 029

This bird at our zoo is a Marabou Stork. I couldn't remember what kind of stork it was, so I Googled "ugly stork" and had no trouble locating this unattractive creature. While most of us are thinking "ugly", our in-house animal wildlife enthusiast not only thought this bird was "so cute" but she also knew what it was. It was amazing to me how much she knew about many of the animals that we saw. She is almost like a walking encyclopedia. Thank you to Animal Planet.

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

Hi Sherry, :)

We have a little family store here that has specials every few months. When we do get the meat at such a good price (I'll have to double check and make sure I have the price right) we separate it into half a pound sections and put it in baggies in the freezer.